DOPTELET® (avatrombopag) IS THE ONLY ORAL TPO-RA WITHOUT
As an oral tablet, DOPTELET offers ease of administration for your patients
- One dosage strength helps make titration manageable for you and your patients
- DOPTELET is the only oral TPO-RA without food-type restrictions
- No calcium or other food restrictions
- DOPTELET does not require additional liver-function monitoring
- No significant hepatotoxicity seen in clinical trials with DOPTELET
- No office visit for DOPTELET administration required
- Platelet count monitoring is required (see Full Prescribing Information for details).
Monitor platelet counts weekly until a stable platelet count of ≥50×109/L is achieved, then obtain platelet counts monthly thereafter.
TPO-RA=thrombopoietin receptor agonist.
ORAL ADMINISTRATION THAT FITS YOUR PATIENTS' LIFESTYLES1,2
DOPTELET must be taken with food.
DOPTELET is not a chelation agent. There are no administration concerns with minerals such as calcium and magnesium.
Your patients can eat the foods they prefer on their own schedules.
UPDATED INTERNATIONAL CONSENSUS AND ASH GUIDELINES3,4
- The American Society of Hematology (ASH) 2019 guidelines for immune thrombocytopenia and the updated International Primary ITP Consensus Report have been published3,4
- The ASH guidelines recommend the use of TPO-RAs as a second-line therapy4
- The updated International Primary ITP Consensus Report recommends the use of TPO-RAs as a therapy subsequent to initial therapy3
View the ASH 2019 ITP guidelines and updated International Consensus Report at
1. DOPTELET [package insert]. Durham, NC: Dova Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
2. Data on file. Dova Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
3. Provan D, Arnold DM, Bussel JB, et al. Updated international consensus report on the investigation and management of primary immune thrombocytopenia. Blood. 2019;3(22):3780-3817.
4. Neunert C, Terrell DR, Arnold DM, et al. American Society of Hematology 2019 guidelines for immune thrombocytopenia. Blood. 2019;3(23):3829-3866.